Learning and Employment Record Network
From T3 Network Wiki
- There are two workgroups and a collaborative project in the LER Network.
- Adoption and Implementation WG (A&I-WG)
- Charter: This workgroup will identify the challenges within talent pipeline workflows that inhibit systemic adoption of LERs. To do so the workgroup will parse the complex pathways LERs need to traverse to generate use- cases that reflect pragmatic, focused s solutions. These may involve technological, procedural, and integration adaptations in consultation with all stakeholders in the talent pipeline.
- It is important to note that this workgroup is not about creating new standards or technology, but rather to focus on the way in which existing standards, technologies and frameworks can be used to engage in the use of LERs to the benefit of the various stakeholders, including: Individuals, Employers, Education Providers, Technology Vendors, and Issuers of Alternative Credentials.
- Presentation Scenarios WG (PS-WG)
- The mission of the Presentation Scenarios Workgroup (PS-WG) is address a crucial design feature of the Trust Triangle: affording equal stature to the holder of digital credentials in parallel with issuers and relying parties. To accomplish this the workgroup will explore use cases including application for employment or formal credentialed education, the use of LER Verifiable Credential presentations in the context of employment portals, and requirements for leveraging self-issued/third-party tamper evident endorsements.
- Collaborative Project - LERs for Equity (Partner: Digital Promise)
- The mission of LER's for Equity (LER-Equity) is to ...
- Mission of LinkedClaims - The T3 Innovation Network will work with data standards organizations to develop data standards for single self-assertion verifiable credentials focusing on implementing the pattern human social recommendations as networked LER/VCs. LinkedClaims provide an (optional) mechanism for cryptographic binding between LERs or between an LER and a digital object located at another URL. These could be used to address the needs in skills-based hiring and career advancement as well as other critical stakeholder use cases and applications. The T3 Network will seeking funding to establish a work group to build the data model, linking methods, and data integrity options to secure the links from one LER to another or to any digital object accessible by via a static URL.
- Note -- T3 is pivoting toward work activities that have funding to support the hard work needed in projects focused on working contributions to the LER ecosystem .